- Designed by a team of parents and educators, the Dive Into Art program consists of a diverse curriculum offering age appropriate lessons for kindergarten through sixth grade, which meet a broad spectrum of common core and state curriculum standards.
- Accommodating a variety of teacher and volunteer schedules, the Dive Into Art program can be easily incorporated into the school day and offers a unique opportunity to strengthen the partnership between the home and school communities.
- Dive Into Art lessons are fun and easy for everyone to teach from the complete novice to the art history expert.
- The user friendly Dive Into Art Handbook includes step by step guidelines proven to ensure easy implementation.
What is Dive Into Art?
The NJPTA award-winning Dive Into Art program offers a diverse art history curriculum for grades K-6, spanning 15,000 years, various genres, media and world artists. The Dive Into Art program meets a broad spectrum of national and state visual arts standards, and is FUN and easy to teach!
How does it work?
The Dive Into Art program accommodates a variety of teacher and volunteer schedules with a 30-60 minute lesson format. Each lesson plan provides background information on the artist, interactive questions about a specific work of art, directions for a simple art project, questions for a follow up discussion, and suggestions for multi-disciplinary lesson extensions.
How The Dive Into Art® Program Benefits You
Research shows that an arts education leads students to:
- Become more engaged in their studies when the arts are integrated into their lessons
- Find pathways through the arts to broader academic success
- Connect to the larger world, ultimately improving community cohesion
- Have fewer disciplinary infractions, higher attendance, graduation rates and test scores
Why Choose The Dive Into Art Program?
The Dive Into Art program:
- Engages students and inspires lifelong learning
- Integrates art and art history across academic disciplines
- Develops 21st century skills
- Builds a sense of community through multi-generational learning
- Establishes a legacy of arts education